"Jumpstart of the French Revolution" Top 5 Page for this destination Place de la Bastille Tip by BeatChick
Place de la Bastille, Paris: 61 reviews and 133 photos
Place de la Bastille
I'll never forget my first glimpse of the Colonne de Juillet! The grand July Column greeted me during my April 2003 trip to Paris. It was my first day in the city & I was on my way to my hotel with my rolling suitcase bumping along behind me. I came up out of the Metro & there it was! HUGE! Monumental! Glorious! Soaring! What an impression to be made upon exiting from the underground - wow.
This past February I headed out to the Place de la Bastille with the intent of getting a good close look at this monument & to do some people-watching at the Cafe des Phares, one of the philocafes on the Place. It was a perfect day to watch the Sunday crowds stroll by & to do a fashion review. The lady in the fur coat is one of the fashion statements caught on film - many fur coats throughout Paris this February even in working-class Bastille.
Photos: Feb 2006
Address: Place de la Bastille
Directions: Metro: Bastille in the 11th/12th arrondissements
Phone: +33 2 62 86 46 21
More Reviews (314)
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Philippe-Auguste Wall (l'Enceinte): Part...
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels