VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

La Teresita: "Wow. That is one salmon-coloured building!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Restaurant Tip by sarahjayn

Tampa Restaurants: 286 reviews and 570 photos

stucco and peach paint - breath-taking!
by sarahjayn

La Teresita is this sprawling set of awkward peach buildings in the middle of various even uglier strip-mall style shopping plazas and gas stations. The inside of the place is not all that awesome to look at either - - think of you grandmother's family room with, like, semi-tacky framed paintings and plastic flowers.
However, the assault on your eyes will soon melt away as soon as you taste the very moderately-priced food at La Teresita. My daddy has been taking me their since I was a baby, and I've never gotten sick of eatting there.
They serve what a guess that http://www.tbo.com crowd would call "Latin" food - - yellow rice, black beans, platanos, cuban bread, etc. My dad usually gets the pork because he is a meat-eatter and says its good. I always get black beans and yellow rice.

Favorite Dish: I cannot get my yellow rice to be as good as theirs no matter how hard I try - - and I think I make pretty good yellow rice.

Address: 3246 W Columbus Drive, Tampa, Florida, 33607
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (813) 879-9704
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written May 15, 2005

Comments

sarahjayn Lives Here!

sarahjayn