Sheraton Maui: "Beauty at Black Rock" Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Hotel Tip by whitneyone

Maui Hotels: 113 reviews and 202 photos

Kaanapali Beach
by whitneyone

I am a HUGE fan of Wailea and wasn't real sure I would be happy on Kaanapali.
Color me WRONG.
Although the rooms at the Sheraton are just that, rooms, not suites such as the Fairmont Kei Lani, the views from the buildings on the cliffs is just incredible.
Comfortable Lanai, outstanding views, great turtle spotting, and even the last of the spring time whales, and an occassional dolphin on view. It was a room I could have sat in all day and just looked and been happy.
Well, almost.

Unique Qualities: The hotel was totally sold out while we were there and I was amazed that there was plenty of room at the pools and on the beach, for everyone. You can reserve palapa chairs (do that well in advance if you want to be close to thee Black Rock itself where the snorkeling is outstanding. Otherwise it's quite a little stroll or swim.
If you want a strictly ocean view go with the buildlings on the cliff. We were in 6. Quite the maze of elevators to get to the pool. worth it for me, maybe not so much for you.
Look at the map on their webpage to see what you'd like.
with no moon and no sunlight you see nothing at night. some folks like a little more.
Building 4 gives you the ocean and the pool.
About 90 percent of the rooms are ocean view, if not ocean front

Address: Black Rock Kaanapali
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Follow 30 past Lahaina about 5 minutes and you are there if you follow the signs.
Price: US$120-180