Saggio's: "Pasta and sandwiches ... oh my!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Albuquerque Restaurant Tip by kymbanm

Albuquerque Restaurants: 154 reviews and 232 photos

Saggio's entry and outdoor eating area
by kymbanm

Saggio's is a local eatery right down the block from the University Bookstore .... you order at the counter and wait for your name to be called to pick it up once it's ready.

Despite this low cost service method, the food is wonderful, and the decor is fun. Murals and fountains decorate the restaurant. There are even interesting details in the dining room that tends to have the TV tuned into sports events. There are a few tables on the sidewalk outside, and I love to sit there and watch the world go by as I visit w/ my friends and eat to my heart's content.

The portions are so large, that if you don't share to begin with, you will definiely be asking for a take home box! Especially if you decide to order one of their heavenly desserts :)

Favorite Dish: I haven't had anything here that I dislike - so a favorite dish is difficult to define. I can say that I tend to order a 'pasta of the day' dish, or a 'panini of the day' sandwich.

The last time I was there, I ordered 'Frutta de Mari' (I think that's what it was called .... not really up on my Italian....). This seafood pasta was soooooooooo good that I made the appropriate noises while eating :)

Address: 107 Cornell Dr Se, Albuquerque, 87106
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 1/2 block south of Central Avenue, near the University :)
Phone: (505) 255-5454
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated May 13, 2005

Comments

kymbanm Lives Here!

kymbanm

“Each step brings one closer to a new beginning ....”

Have you been to Albuquerque?