Village Market & Deli: "the BEST food on the coast???" Newport Restaurant Tip by andreas81

Newport Restaurants: 25 reviews and 29 photos

This is one sleek yet cozy bistro-style eatery that overlooks the ocean and the streets of history-filled Nye Beach.

They've got a menu that boasts expertly done and innovative dishes around $10 for lunch. A spinach pasta comes with an especially aromatic wine and tomato sauce that surprises the nostrils as well as the palate. Filet mignon is rubbed with fennel seed and brown sugar, as well as turned into a ?poor boy sandwich? ? a version containing the extra twist of a wild and wooly chipotle dressing.

Those are just two examples: every element of each dish provides a startling yet beautiful experience, containing multiple layers of subtle tastes and nuances. I honestly believe it's best food I've had on the entire coast.

Favorite Dish: I love the tuna sandwiches.....laced with cranberry and other goodies. SERIOUS gourmet stuff....and a great selection of wines.

Incredible desserts by some Euro place called Delicato too. Yow!!!!

I haven't had anything that I could call my favorite over anything else....it all has blown me away and opened up incredible new vistas of edibles!

Sadly, it's only open for lunch. I'm addicted and i need more hours outta them.

Address: SW 3rd
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: in the Nye Beach area, on a charming little cobblestone street
Phone: (541) 574-9393
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written May 12, 2005

Comments

andreas81

“i never met a beach i didn't like”

Have you been to Newport?