"Skokloster" Mälaren Things to Do Tip by sim1

Mälaren Things to Do: 42 reviews and 47 photos

Skokloster
by sim1

Skokloster is one of the most popular castles in Sweden, with a huge collections of painting, furniture and arms. The arms collection is one of the largest in Europe. Skokloster is also one of the best preserved seventeenth-century castles in Europe. So I didn't need any convincing, I really wanted to see this castle!

It sounded perfect, but all in all I was a bit disappointed about my visit to Skokloster. The rooms were very dark as they didn't want to expose the interiors to too much light. That is something that I do understand, but it is a bit disappointing not being really able to see much. I also had a bit of bad luck with the guided tour. We took a guided tour in English, but our guide was probably very nervous and had this crazy giggle. She just kept on giggling, giggling and giggling. Every sentence ended with.....hihi hihi hihi hihi :-) After the tour all we remembered was this crazy giggly ;-)

Guided tours

Adults 65 SEK
Students/Senior citizens 50 SEK
7-18 years 20 SEK
Children under 7 free

More info on their website:

Directions: Skokloster is situated between Stockholm and Uppsala, near Sigtuna and Arlanda. 40 km from Enköping and 70 km from Västerås, by the E18.
othercontact: skokloster@lsh.se
Phone: +46 (0)18-38 60 77

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated May 8, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Mälaren?