"Youth Hostel" Top 5 Page for this destination Hosteling International--Seattle Tip by jamiesno

Hosteling International--Seattle
by jamiesno

Hosteling International Seattle was the second hostel I had ever stayed in. The first was in Quebec City. Prior to departure I was unsure based on reviews but when I got to the hostel it was in a perfect location right downtown. Just one minute away from the Pike Place Market and just one minute away from the waterfront.

It was on Union Street but not really visable from 1st Avenue. You had to go down some stairs in an alley to get to the main entrance. Inside the hostel was nice, I had a private room with a bunk bed for $49 USD a night with no bathroom. I used a shared area down the hall for showers.

Another interesting feature of this hostel was the free continental breakfast each morning at 8 am. I was super impressed by the high speed wireless internet that allowed me to play around with VT in the night time where there was no television in the rooms obviously.

Another interesting feature you may not appreciate was the first two nights there was a group of local thugs rap singing outside my window. I started to enjoy it later on night one but I've saved more on this for a warning and danger tip.

Overall I thought this hostel was a steal and I would stay here again no questions asked.

Address: 84 Union St., , Seattle, Washington State 98101
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hiseattle.org/

• Updated May 13, 2005

More Hotels in Seattle (1)

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Have you been to Seattle?