VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"International Yellow Fever Certficate" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Elena de Uairén Warnings Or Dangers Tip by cochinjew

Dont even try to enter Brasil, whose border is such a short drive away without the international yellow fever certificate.
This morning I appeared at the frontera, to explain the situation. i had left my yellow card in cuba and i had a venezuelan substitute. i had even gone to the brasilian consulate in santa elena to explain the situation and they said it would suffice. however sympathetic the brasilian health officials were, i told them i am a doctor and here on a health related mission, they wouldnt let me pass. even the immigration people came over to say they had no objections to my travelling into boa vista. so i had to come back to santa elena and wait for the officials at the vaccination office at the hospital ( when they would come is any ones guess).. I have always had my yellow fever certificate and in all my travels never been asked to show it even once, but when i needed it, i had forgotten it!!

• Written May 6, 2005

More Warnings and Dangers in Santa Elena de Uairén (1)

Comments

cochinjew

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Have you been to Santa Elena de Uairén?