Lightfoot Restaurant: "Treasures Abound in The Lightfoot" Top 5 Page for this destination Leesburg Restaurant Tip by 807Wheaton

Leesburg Restaurants: 6 reviews and 3 photos

Enjoy the Ambiance
by 807Wheaton

The Lightfood is situated in the heart of historic Loudoun County in Leesburg. Housed in an historic landmark, the Lightfoot was constructed in 1888 and was The Peoples National Bank for more than half a century. In 1999 the building was completly restored to its original grandeur. They gave us a beautiful brochure that details the restaurant and the picture above is from their information.

Favorite Dish: This is the only review I have on VT that I did not eat at the restaurant.
However, we did go inside and marveled at the beauty of this building. There is a huge fireplace to the side that is almost big enough to walk in. Upstairs there is an area called The Piano Bar and its open mezzanine design looks out over the reaturant while notes from the grand piano float through the superior space.
One of the servers enjoyed showing us around as we were there in between lunch and dinner hours. He encouraged both my husband and me to look just inside the men's restroom. From inside the room you are looking at the back of the bank! Very interesting!
Do check this place out on the Internet address. If we ever go back we will definitely plan to enjoy a lunch or dinner there.

Directions: Open daily for lunch and dinner starting at 110:30 AM Monday through Thursday until 11:00 PM Friday and Saturday until Midnight.
Phone: 703-771-2233
Rating: 0
Theme: American

• Written Apr 30, 2005

More Restaurants in Leesburg (1)

“Man plans but God prevails.”

Have you been to Leesburg?