"Never buy clocks as gifts for Chinese friends" Do/Do Not! Tip by xuessium
Do/Do Not!, Hong Kong: 22 reviews and 35 photos
You should never buy clocks as gifts for Chinese friends (unless they do not mind). Many older folks still frown at that as the Chinese words for "sending clocks" sound almost the same as "sending you to your grave". So, if you are intending to buy a gift for a Chinese friend, clocks should never be a consideration! On the other hand, watches are fine.
More Local Customs in Hong Kong (2)
More Reviews (37)
- See All Piracy Heaven @ Sino Centre aka Zhong...
- See All Food Glorious Food! Eat with the locals!
- See All Hong Kong International Airport
- Neon Lights Neon Lights Everywhere
- See All Peace & Quieter @ Jordan 2: Majestic...
xuessium's Related Pages
Have you been to Hong Kong?Share Your Travels