"Johannesburg - Gauteng" South Africa Things to Do Tip by cokes
South Africa Things to Do: 727 reviews and 1,118 photos
Gauteng (Sesotho for "place of gold") is South Africa's smallest province (17 000 square kilometres), but also the wealthiest and most densely populated. It includes most of the towns strung east to west along the gold reef, from Springs in the far East Rand to Randfontein in the west. It runs down to the Vaal River in the South, and just beyond South Africa's capital, Pretoria, in the north.
A fifth of the nation's population (8.8 million people) live in Gauteng. The province generates 34% of South Africa's GDP, and 9% of the GDP of the entire African continent.
More Things to Do in South Africa (14)
More Reviews (15)
- Various Tourist Traps
- A Mixed South Africa
- South Africa Has lots of Great Shopping...
- What to Pack and for where
- The Climate in South Africa
- A Good Night Out
- NB! Tips on South Africa
- Mixed Menu`s from SA
- Various Wonderful Accomodation
- See All Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour
- See All Interesting info for Expats
- Transportation Around South Africa
cokes' Related Pages
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels