LIDO: "Chinatown" Lido Tip by kit_mc

Lido, London: 2 reviews and 6 photos

China Town
by kit_mc

Chinatown, not surprisingly, is packed full of Chinese restaurants of varying quality. I've pretty much tried them all on this street as this is my favourite type of food.

LIDO is on the main pedestrianised street, Gerrard Street, which is parallel to Shaftesbury Avenue.

I've been here a few times and it's especially nice if there are a few of you. The service is good, which isn't always the case in Chinatown. It's very clean and smart too. Even tablecloths! Ooh, very posh!

You'll find in Chinatown that it is difficult to gauge the price between restaurants. Some dishes will be cheap in one place, and expensive in another, and vice versa. This place is fairly priced if you want a guarantee that you'll enjoy what arrives from the kitchen.

I first ate here summer 2004 for a friend's birthday and we brought our own cake. The really nice waiting staff even cut it up for us and served it to us even though we'd bought the cake from down the street.

Favorite Dish: Everything I've eaten in there has been good, but I'd recommend the Hot and Sour soup for those of you who like it spicy. As a Hot and Sour soup expert, I can tell you it's quality! The spicy beancurd (for veggies) is also really nice as is the Honeyed Pork (for carnivores).

Will take a pic of the place soon!

Address: Gerrard Street, Soho, W1
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Gerrard Street is the main street in Chinatown, parallel to Shaftesbury Avenue which is part of the theatre district. Just round the corner from Piccadilly and Leicester Sq Tubes.
Phone: +00 44 (0)207 437 4431
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
Website: http://lidochinatown.com/

• Updated May 3, 2005

Comments

kit_mc Lives Here!

kit_mc

“And it hurts with every heartbeat...”

Have you been to London?