"National Opera and Ballet" Top 5 Page for this destination National Opera and Ballet Tip by desert_princess

National Opera and Ballet, Sofia: 8 reviews and 13 photos

"Swan Lake" Tchaikowski Sofia
by desert_princess

Ninth Easter festival 23 - 7 may 2005
"Swan Lake" - Tchaikovski
I don't remember seeing a Ballet, I guess it never interested me till today. So I just went to take a look......and got spellbound!!!! Sooo much beauty and grace I haven't seen for long !!!! You don't need to speak bulgarian to see a Ballet....the only thing you need are eyes for beauty ...the rest is MAGIC!!!!! I would reccomend this to anyone!!!
The Prima ballerina was Viara Natcheva (She is a prima of the Berlin Ballet too ). And the word I have for her is PERFECTION!!!!She is born for ballet....sooo talented,so fragile and strong at the same time - she is the grace in person!!!
Here she is - Viara Natcheva/Odette-Odille with Rossen Kanev / Prince Sigfried

With " Swan Lake" starts the hisory of the Russian Classical Ballet - as Glinka sets in 1836 the beginning of the Russian national opera with "Ivan Susanin". The premiere of the ballet takes place on 20 february 1877 in Bolshoi Theatre, and the choreography,having turned itself into a classic, is the edition from 1895 of Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov,staging of Mariynski Theatre.

pics from "Swan Lake" and " More Swan Lake"

Address: Bul " Dondukov" 30
Phone: 9811549 , 9871366

• Updated Apr 11, 2008

Comments

desert_princess

“"I am part of everything that I have encountered" - Alfred Lord Tennyson”

Have you been to Sofia?