Varney's: "Another amazing discovery" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Restaurant Tip by chodearm

Long Island Restaurants: 25 reviews and 9 photos

It's truley a shack. Theres no more than 10 tables, a slight bar, foggy windows, and a facade that reminds me of the morning after a severe drinking binge. But all on its lonesome, I had many questions about this restaurant. Situated a lonely stretch of Montauk Highway somewhere between Mastic and Patchogue, this rundown building housed the best seafood I have had yet on Long Island. After waitng 15 minutes for a table the owner seated us to deliver tastes I searched every shoreline for. Extensive below sea-level selections quickly gave me amnesia to my surroundings. 25 yrs. of service to the community sure paid off and speaking of pay...you won't pay a lot for this muffler.

Favorite Dish: Yuki had the Cod which was smothered in mushrooms and a brown sauce which I did get jealous that I didn't order it but I had the Mahi-Mahi cajun style which quelled my licking of lips while staring at Yuki's plate. Get some mussels in the red sauce....aaaa forget it, try anything..I'm sure it's great.

Address: Brookhaven, Long Island, New York
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On the Bellport bypass.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood

• Written Apr 26, 2005

Comments

chodearm

“Put me elsewhere.”

Have you been to Long Island?