VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Olive Garden: "Great Italian Food - Olive Garden" Olive Garden - West End Tip by jamiesno

Olive Garden - West End, Edmonton: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Scilian Scampi
by jamiesno

Edmonton has two Olive Garden restaurants and I visited the one closest to the West Edmonton Mall at 171 Street.

I love Italian food and was not disappointed with my experience here. I remember getting this neat gadget to let me know when our table would be ready. It took about 15 minutes to get a table at 4:45 pm in the afternoon. It is a popular spot.

They are big on wine and offer lots of great exotic drinks. The service was great too and the decor was nice as well.

Favorite Dish: My entire meal was great starting with the salad in their special dressing. The olives and hot pepper was great. The waiters put the salads together fresh there.

I will always remember the appetizer, Scilian Scampi. It was monster shrimp on bread and soaked in olive oil. I took a picture of it and uploaded it below.

Then for my main meal I had a seafood linguini in a white wine sauce: AWESOME! As far as I know they make all their pasta fresh.

I normally don't have dessert but here the menu was great and had to go for the Chocolate Mudslide Pie. It had chocolate mouse and stuff on it.

I can't beleive I ate so much but I will be going back to the Olive Garden every opportunity I get.

Address: 10121 171ST STREET
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: West Edmonton Mall area.
Phone: (403) 484-0700
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.olivegarden.com/

• Written Apr 25, 2005

Comments

jamiesno

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Have you been to Edmonton?