"St. John's Church" Top 5 Page for this destination St. John's Church Tip by b1bob
St. John's Church, Richmond: 9 reviews and 12 photos
St. John's Church is the oldest church with an active congregation in Richmond. It hosted the Second Virginia Convention in 1775 where Patrick Henry gave his Give me liberty or give me death speech. There are reenactments of this event every Sunday between Memorial Day and Labour Day. Some famous people are buried here like George Wythe (first signer of the Declaration of Independence from Virginia and Thomas Jefferson's law professor) and Elizabeth Arnold Poe (Edgar Allen Poe's mama).
Address: 2401 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23223
Phone: (804) 648-5015
More Reviews (216)
- See All Pairing wine, food, and life
- See All West End Antique Mall
- See All Old Mechanics and Merchants Bank...
- See All "Qué Pasa" Festival
- See All University of Richmond (or U of R)
- See All Clean up after your pet
b1bob's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels