"Chimborazo Medical Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Chimborazo Medical Museum Tip by b1bob
Chimborazo Medical Museum, Richmond: 2 reviews and 3 photos
This museum is where the famous Chimborazo Hospital once was. Between 1861-65, thousands of Confederate soldiers were treated here. The Medical Museum tells the story of the patients, hospital, and doctors who worked there. I went here during a 7th grade school field trip (1981) and it was eye-opening to learn how much medicine had advanced in the 120 intervening years.
Hours: 9am-5pm daily; free admission.
Address: 3215 E. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23223
Phone: (804) 226-1981
More Reviews (216)
- See All Pairing wine, food, and life
- See All West End Antique Mall
- See All Old Mechanics and Merchants Bank...
- See All "Qué Pasa" Festival
- See All University of Richmond (or U of R)
- See All Clean up after your pet
b1bob's Related Pages
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels