"Trams and Buses" Prague Transportation Tip by bugalugs

Prague Transportation: 714 reviews and 678 photos

Tram
by bugalugs

We found the metro system very good for getting around.
There are two kinds of tickets transfer and non transfer.
Transfer tickets enable you to use on one metro but then change to another one, but only after 8pm in the evening until 5am. They have to be validated when you get on and are then valid for 60 minutes, 90 minutes at weekend. I found it quite confusing.
The price of a transfer ticket is 12kc for someone over 15 years, 6kc for under.
Non transfer tickets are valid for 15 minutes from validation. There is some difference for the evening/nights/weekends but you will need to check beforehand.
This does not apply to the funicular.
A non transfer ticket is 8kc over 15 years, 4 kc under.
Also you need to have change to get these tickets.
When we arrived we didnt have any change and there was a flower stall in the underground, I asked the woman if she could change some money but she looked at me as if I had landed from Mars! There was a pokey little bar there as well and I went in, conversation stopped dead, I asked the man behind the bar and although he didnt speak english I am sure he knew what I was saying but just ignored me.
Therefore you need to get some change before entering the metro. The tickets are the same for the metro and buses.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Subway/Metro

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Have you been to Prague?