"7 days of Fun!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa Tip by ATXtraveler

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, Moorea: 1,128 reviews and 16 photos

Sarah in our Lagoon Resort Paradise
by ATXtraveler

Let me first comment on the state of French Polynesia as a whole. It is a very expensive venture to truly enjoy FP. I believe that had I not spent so many nights in the US hotel rooms that make up Starwood Preferred, I would never have had the chance to stay in a hotel like the Sheraton Resort. The seven nights here ran me roughly 60,000 Starpoints, which are not easily accrued! If you are truly interested in making FP a trip reality, I would recommend getting the Starwood Preferred AMEX card, and start putting all your purchases on this card, then paying it off every month. With some discipline you can enjoy this resort after a couple years!

Having said all that, I would highly recommend this resort as the ultimate place to stay while visiting FP. The other Sheratons in FP were either too luxurious, or not luxurious enough, this one hit the mark directly. The Garden Bungalow we enjoyed the first 5 evenings was wonderful and convienent while we explored the island, and the OWB (overwater Bungalow) we had for the last two nights was perfect for the snorkelling and Tahitian Breakfast which arrived via outrigger. There were several restaurants on the resort, all of which were decent, but the location was wonderful for getting around to most of the attractions!

Unique Qualities: The overwater Bungalow snorkelling was unique and wonderful!

Address: Papetoai Pk 14 French Polyn
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 689-55-1111
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.spg.com

• Written Apr 21, 2005

Comments

ATXtraveler

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Have you been to Moorea?