"Ride the Currents of the Muddy Mississipp'" River Cruises Tip by starship
River Cruises, New Orleans: 11 reviews and 13 photos
The history and culture of New Orleans is inextricably intertwined with the great Mississippi River. New Orleans itself is located approximately one hundred miles upriver from the Caribbean Sea but lightyears away in atmosphere. It would be a cryin' shame to miss experiencing the Mississippi River and see New Orleans from the river, as Mark Twain might have. Step across the gangplank of any number of distinctive river boats and you will be transported literally & figuratively. Take River Jazz cruise for a nifty way to get to the zoo, or for a lunch or dinner Jazz cruise. Many options are available.
All will offer live narration of historical facts and highlights. Below are a few options to choose from:
1. "Steamboat Natchez"~ The Steamboat Natchez, New Orleans' Only authentic steamboat, will take you on a 2 hr. cruise featuring Calliope concerts and Jazz bands to add even more to that New Orleans ambience you'll grow to love.
Cruise Only: ages 2-5 free; ages 6-12 $9.25; adults $18.50
Lunch: ages 2-5 $7.50; ages 6-12 $16.75; adults $26.00. Coupons are widely available for discounts. Cruises depart from Toulouse Street Wharf behind JAX Brewery. WEBSITE: www.steamboatnatchez.com.
2. "Creole Queen Paddlewheeler"and the Riverboat Cajun Queen~ My choice would be the BATTLEFIELD CRUISE on the 1,000 passenger Creole Queen which stops at Chalmette Battlefield, sight of the 1814 Battle of New Orleans!! U.S. Park Rangers conduct tours of the grounds for your edification. A tasty Creole lunch can be part of the deal if you choose.
Cruise & Lunch: Children 6-12 $17; Adults $27; Cruise only: Children 6-12 $20; Adults $27. Cruises leave from Riverwalk/Canal Street Dock.
3. A one-hour cruise aboard the late-18th century replica vessel, the Cajun Queen, viewing the sights and landmarks of the French Quarter from the Mississippi:
Child 6-12 $10; Adults $15. Cruises depart from Aquarium of the Americas Dock.
WEBSITE: Creol & Cajun Queens tours: www.neworleanspaddlewheels.co
Address: Canal Street Dock/Aquarium Dock
More Things to Do in New Orleans (11)
More Reviews (16)
- See All "On Bourbon Street"
- See All Pralines ~ A New Orleans Tradition
- See All Between the French Quarter and the...
starship's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels