"Numbers Night Club Goth Night: Underworld" Night Clubs Tip by leafmcgowan

Night Clubs, Houston: 17 reviews and 12 photos

Underworld Night
by leafmcgowan

I decided to venture out again to "Numbers" to get a view of some of Houston's Goth scene. I Headed out of the hotel room by 10, which was a bit late, since I was hoping to get to the club before 10:30 so as to pay $3 cover instead of $5 - but no biggie ... because Number's has incredibly cheap drink specials! $1.50 brews and well drinks ... so I excessively drank some of my whiskey n' cokes. The music was good, lots of room to dance, and the floor was relatively populated for most of the good songs. Not everyone dressed up - something I'm not use to seeing coming from the Seattle, Vancouver, and L.A. Goth scene's ... but worked fine. I suppose its a bit hot to dress up in leather, pvc, velvet, and the fashion-Goth clothes we do in the North (since today was 89 degrees alone). Good music ... good drink ... good people. Like the other scenes I've been, the scene here in Houston has its own dance style ... a little similar to that of Salt Lake City's ... people seem to be very friendly ...

Danced alot and headed home - back to crash by 3 am ... got a little lost coming home as I still have yet to learn Houston's freeways ... they are a complex maze! and everything is so far away from each other just like in Los Angeles.

I give it 4 stars out of 5!

Dress Code: Doesn't appear to have any - but would recommend dressing dark, goth, industrial, fetish, victorian, etc.

Address: 300 Westheimer -- Houston, TX, USA 77006
Directions: 300 Westheimer -- Houston, TX, USA 77006
Phone: (713)526-6551
Theme: Nightclub
Website: http://www.numbersnightclub.com

• Written Apr 17, 2005

Comments

leafmcgowan

“Where the wind blows me ....”

Have you been to Houston?