Indochine: "Beautiful restaurants, but not worth it" Indochine Tip by trisanna

Indochine, Singapore: 7 reviews and 6 photos

Buddhas and Crystal
by trisanna

The Indochine restaurant group has several restaurants in Singapore and one in Germany. They have Indochine, Siem Reap(more cafe like), Nude (Wisma Atria at Orchard Road) and some other locations. I know people, who love these restaurants. They are beautiful and decorated well. The Indochine restaurant at Empress Place is stunning-mixing crystal chandeliers with antique Buddha images.

The service at these establishments is so bad. I had to wait three hours for dinner. I have been here several times-due to my friends dragging me here and it's always the same i am sad to say. I would really love to like there restaurants.

Indochine serves mostly Thai, Lao and Cambodian cuisine with a French twist. I was impressed with a beef stew i had. The dessert was nice.

Siem Reap is alright. Cafe fair. Some asian and western dishes. I felt the asian dishes are better at local restaurants or hawker centers and much much cheaper.

On thursday and weekend nights-they usually have a band playing outside.

But you never know-it may be perfect when you go there. I don't think it's worth it. There are so many better restaurants in Singapore.

Address: Empress Place
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located at the back of the Asian Civilisations Museum at Empress Place.

Closest Public Transportation-MRT Raffles Place

Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Updated Apr 13, 2005

trisanna Lives Here!

Have you been to Singapore?