Hôtel-Dieu Hospital: "Save Euros on Paris Cheap Lodgings" Paris Hotel Tip by davequ

Paris Hotels: 2,033 reviews and 2,115 photos

View from skylight in hotel, Ed Alcock, NY Times
by davequ

Since the Euro is killing the dollar making Paris even more expensive, I cracked up when I read someone has found a cheap solution to rooms in the center Ille of Paris:
on a special hotel floor atop the historic Hôtel-Dieu Hospital, the oldest hospital in Paris.

I am not kidding. I just read about this in travel section of the April 10, 2005 NY TImes, and I think it is an extremely clever way to go cheap in Paris for lodging.

The location is right next to Notre Dame on Ile de la Cite.

The punchline is, when you're out partying all night, if you get back too late, you have to enter via the emergency room entrance.

So the bottom line is, you're staying right next door to Notre Dame for about $110 (91 Euros) / day. Since I never sleep in Paris anyway, I say, why not? Note: I no sooner posted this (after the NY Times article) than they raised their rates from 79 to 91 Euros /night..... gouge....!!! )

Read this article Paris Hospital Rooms
and see what you think.

Here is another link about it:
Hôtel Dieu Hospital

Unique Qualities: aside from E91/day, maybe excellent medical care?

and of course, location right next to the first arrondisemont.

Supposedly they take Visa but I cannot confirm this yet.

Address: 1, place du Parvis Notre-Dame Paris 75004
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Ile de la Cite right next to Notre Dame

NOTE: THE WEB LINK LISTED BELOW APPEARS TO BE TEMPorarily BROKEN, but click on it again and it should work

Bone up on your telephone french, and make sure to call first.

Phone: (00 33 1 44 32 01 00)
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-hospitel.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jun 15, 2005

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Have you been to Paris?