"The nightlife can be a Drag!!" Nightclubs and Bars Tip by Gwynneth

Nightclubs and Bars, Orlando: 39 reviews and 32 photos

Darcel Stevens
by Gwynneth

I walked into this place with my cousin and his partner and I must admit I was a little hesitant knowing I was most likely going to be in the minority as I am straight and everyone around wouldn't be.

It took me about 2.5 seconds with this thought in mind... after that I didn't consider it again. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The first bar we went to was a piano bar with everyone singing around the piano just like you would at home. The barman was friendly and oh so keen to over fill the glasses with liquor...

The second section we went to was the showroom. The seats filled very quickly on this Friday night and before long a gorgeous and funny drag Queen appeared called Darcel she asked where we were all from and my cousin called out 'Australia'! Before I knew it I was on stage and hamming it up with her. She wasn't rude but certainly was in control of the night.

After the introduction, the other Queens came out and made fun of a lot of music and had us all screaming for more. Darcel came out and mimmed a song also... because she had made a fuss of me in the intro I went up and tipped her (custom at these events) she recognised me and pulled me up on stage once more and we finished the number together!!! I've never laughed so hard and listening to 'Carwash' will never be the same. I can guarantee that.

Thanx for a great night Darcel, you are indeed the Diva Drag Queen of them all!

xx

Dress Code: Fabulous darling...nothing else.

Address: 410 N Blossom Trail, Orlando Florida 32805 USA
Theme: Nightclub
Website: http://www.parliamenthouse.com

• Updated Apr 12, 2005

Comments

Gwynneth

“Heart makes it start... passion makes it happen... drive keeps it alive.”

Have you been to Orlando?