Broad Ripple Steak House: "A Chicago Style Walk-Up Establishment in Indie!" Top 5 Page for this destination Indianapolis Restaurant Tip by deecat

Indianapolis Restaurants: 101 reviews and 89 photos

Broad Ripple Steak House
by deecat

Even though it took us forever to find the Broad Ripple Steak House (even though it was close to our Bed And Breakfast), we loved it.

This Chicago style walk-up establishment was worth any trouble what-so-ever. It's located in the heart of Broad Ripple Village, and the outside is deceiving because the inside was quite elegant. It has dark-wood furniture, white tablecloths and napkins and is known for its "melt-in-your-mouth" filets. I had one, and I certainly agree with their advertising.

There are two martini bars, and people say that the chocolate martini "rivals dessert anywhere". I discovered that there are three separate venues: the subdued steakhouse where Jill and I ate; an energetic bar, which we saw; and unknown to us, a secluded, after hours hang-out they call "Upper Room".

Favorite Dish: Jill and I really enjoyed our meal; me, especially, since Jill was paying. She offered this kindness to repay me for all the research and planning that I did for our trip.

The menu has an array of appetizers such as Jumbo shrimp cocktail, Crab Cakes with Brandy-Pepper Sauce; Maine Lobster Bisque Bowl; chilled Smoked Duck Breast with Onion-Cherry Marmalade
. The Sides include: Baked, horseradish mash, baked Sweet, Sweet Potato Puree, or Asiago potato stack; creamed spinach; sauteed mushrooms, fresh asparagus with hollandaise

Jill had Garlic Parmesan Shrimp With Crab Cake Tower and Horseradish Potatoes which she raved about.

I had the Petite Filet (I'd hate to see how big the regular Filet is!) which was ever so tender and fabulous.

We both had salads that were wonderful.

I thought that I was in Chicago!

Address: 929 E. Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, In 46220
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (317)253-8101
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Apr 12, 2005

Have you been to Indianapolis?