Caffe Minnie's: "Late late or early eclectic Breakfast" Top 5 Page for this destination Caffe Minnie's Tip by davequ

Caffe Minnie's, Seattle: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Caffe Minnies at ~ 4am Wed 3/16/05
by davequ

Caffe Minnies is open 24 hours, but I've only tried it at either very late after the clubs and bars close, or very very early in the morning (e.g. around 5 am).

I asked the late night front desk person in the Westin downtown sometime around 3:30 4:00 am where I could grab a good breakfast, and she mentioned this place.

Minnies has sort of a "street" / bohemian personality with lots of character and more than a few characters for staff and customers, but as an ex-musician it was right up my alley, .. the kind of place that is perfect to have breakfast after a gig at 3:30 in the morning.

All the free papers to read (Seattle weeklies) while you wait for your breakfast, excellent people-watching, my waitress was really kind and helpful, and the food was great.

I'm not a "hair-of-the-dog" type person, but if you're either trying to avoid, postpone, or recover from a hangover, this would be one good place to do it.

The mens john was a blizzard of grafitti, but clean.

Caffe Minnies and the 5-Point Cafe are two places any nightowl or adventurous soul would not want to miss.

(We used to have the Oasis/Last American Diner in Boulder which was very similar, but it closed, so I really enjoyed Minnies)

Favorite Dish: I had the "Frank Sinatra" omelet. Really delicious, with italian sausage, garlic & mushrooms & gawd knows what else, but it was tasty.

I managed to abstain from the bloody marys, but they probably make a decent one here.

Coffee (as expected) was really good also.

Cheap too.

Address: 101 Denny Way - TEL: (206) 448-6263
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: on the edge of Belltown and lower Queen Anne. Walk or cab to 1rst & Denny.
Phone: (206) 448-6263
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Breakfast

• Updated May 13, 2005

Comments

davequ

“♫♫ ... "What this world needs is a good $2 room and a good $2 broom" ... ♫♫ © Don Van Vliet”

Have you been to Seattle?