VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

The Melting Pot: "My first fondue experience" The Melting Pot - 609 N Dearborn St Tip by londonlover

The Fam at The Melting Pot
by londonlover

I'd never had fondue in a restaurant until April 2005, when I went to the Melting Pot in suburban Buffalo Grove. What a phenomenal experience! As a chocoholic, I knew the chocolate fondue would be my favorite, but I was also bowled over by the cheese fondue we had as our main course. This is a great place for a special occasion, but it can also be a good for a lighter meal if you don't want to make a big event of it. (The average four-course meal experience here takes about 2 1/2 hours!)

Ask for the server named Justin if you come to the Buffalo Grove location--he'll give you a great introduction to the fondue experience, and even flambe your fondue! :)

Favorite Dish: Oh, the chocolate fondues, of course! There are practically endless variations of the chocolate fondue available for dessert, but I'll get into that next.

Address: Corner of Roosevelt and Summit in Buffalo Grove
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Also in Oakbrook Terrace, Schaumburg, and selected locations througout the country
Phone: (312) 573-0011
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/

• Updated Apr 10, 2005

Comments

londonlover Lives Here!

londonlover

“One does evil enough when one does nothing good. --German Proverb”

Have you been to Chicago?