El Chapala Restaurante Mexicano: "More Mexican, anyone?" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Restaurant Tip by b1bob

Virginia Restaurants: 85 reviews and 165 photos

combination 13: El Chapala- Richmond, VA
by b1bob

El Chapala Restaurante Mexicano has 3 locations throughout Virginia: two in Richmond (northside and west end), one in Tappahannock. My friend and I ate supper at the one on Richmond's northside. I will give El Chapala stellar grades for both ambience and service. The decor was authentic and the Mexican music in the background only added to the ambience. Their menu is long and varied.

Favorite Dish: However, if I were blindfolded and didn't know I was here, I would have sworn that my friend took me back to El Azteca in Ashland. The food tasted identically mediocre, even down to the guacamole (not announced on the menu and which I don't like) on the tostada. I ordered the combination 13 which consists of one beef taco, one beef tostada, rice, and beans. My friend had the combination 8 which consists of two beef tacos, rice, and beans. In summation, it is much better than the Mexico Restaurant, but nowhere near as good as La Casita.

Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Near the Parham and Staples Mill Road intersection on Richmond's northside next to the 84 lumber yard.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Mexican

• Updated Jun 25, 2006

b1bob Lives Here!

Have you been to Virginia?