"No shaking hands here: kissing!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kisses Tip by sabrina_florida

Kisses, Buenos Aires: 7 reviews and 9 photos

Greet people with a kiss!
by sabrina_florida

So, you come here and you meet a local. "Hi, how are you, nice to meet you", and you give each other a KISS. Even if you are a guy, you will (most of the times) kiss the other guy. And one more thing I have noticed tourists sometimes do: it's rather rude here not to kiss a person when you meet them or even if you have already met them before.
And say you arrive to a place, and unless there are more than 8 people (in which case it's so tiring to kiss so many) then you have to greet everyone with a kiss. It happened to me a few times that I met up with tourists I already knew that they said HI! but did not give me a kiss. I understand this is not YOUR costum, but when in Rome... So, when in Buenos Aires, do as the porteņos! :)
The only ocassions when we shake hands is in business meetings, job interviews (I've been kissed many times also) or sometimes when you go to the doctor.

• Updated Jan 5, 2006

sabrina_florida Lives Here!

“When travelling solo, NEVER ask somebody else to take you a picture: they'll ruin it!!!”

Have you been to Buenos Aires?