"Not so much a trap just a disappointment" Prague Tourist Trap Tip by davesut

Prague Tourist Traps: 298 reviews and 180 photos

Would you believe it, busy traffic i
by davesut

Wenceslas Square was a place that I had always associated with the people of the country making a stand against oppresiveness. I've seen the pictures of the late 60s and the images on tv of '89 have stayed with me as somewhere I must see. Having spent a few days in and around the old town and castle area we decided that we must take the opportunity to visit the square. It must be somewhere in a capital city I suppose but the large open quadrangle edged with characterless hotels and chain stores that can be seen in any town centre was unexpected. Needless to say the operation involved 1. in to square 2. take one picture and 3. get out again. I suppose the shopping arcades are more attractive than most towns but I'm not really a shopper I'm afraid.

Unique Suggestions: I never made it to the top end where the museum is, seen here in the picture. If you have to spend time here take this in and the statue in front.

Fun Alternatives: if you are stuck for time don't bother at all just stick with the old town.

• Written Apr 3, 2005

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Have you been to Prague?