Hostal Mundanos: "Very nice quiet budget hotel in Miraflores" Lima Hotel Tip by maynard7

Lima Hotels: 154 reviews and 156 photos

Look no further . . . this is it. I found the perfect budget hotel that is also very nice. Anyone would like this place, even this pickiest traveler. First and most importantly, this place is very quiet (important in Lima, because of constant horn honking by drivers). If you get a room that doesn't face the street, you should be able to sleep with no problem. The hotel is very attractive inside and out. It looks like it would much more expensive than it is. The rooms are very tasteful and the bathrooms clean. When I asked about prices, I was told it was US$30 per night, but all it took was a little hesitation (this nearly always works in Peru), and they quickly offered the room for $25. The price includes breakfast and taxes. I was sharing the room with a friend; when the friend went back to Ecuador, they dropped the price to only US$16 per night since I was going to stay another full week. No air-conditioning, although there are ceiling fans. Cable TV and phones in each room. Perfectly located in a safe neighborhood close to the ocean and restaurants. The staff was always nice. Credit cards accepted, but you won't get those special prices, so I always paid cash.

Address: Jorge Chavez 421
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: At the corner of Jorge Chavez and Calle Francia in the Miraflores district
Phone: 444-5887
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

maynard7

“Wow... I can't believe I'm actually here...”

Ranked Member