"Joyland: not so joyful" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarasota Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sarahjayn
Sarasota Warnings and Dangers: 16 reviews and 6 photos
So, you are driving down US 41 looking for some place to go and you see a large, pulsating neon sign for Joyland - Country and Western Bar. Now, you might think that it would be a good idea to turn in here because a) you've never been to a Country / Western bar and think it would be funny b) the term "line dancing" has always appealed to you or c) you like beer and you don't care what kind of music they play.
I am telling you right now with all the seriousness of an enema: unless you know how to rope cattle or you have a natural pension for chew, DON'T GO TO JOYLAND. You are not welcome. Cowboys only - tourists and curious locals who aren't really part of the scene are advised to stay away.
I'm not saying that it's some scene from Deliverance or anything (though I didn't really stay that long), but I can say that unkind words and perhaps regrettable actions may be exchanged.
Trust me . . . I know.
othercontact: 2505 Manatee Ave. Sarasota, FL
Phone: (941) 756-6060
More Warnings and Dangers in Sarasota (1)
More Reviews (31)
- See All Margaritas and Mexican Food
- See All Watch the sun go down at Marina Jack
- See All Bring an extra suitcase . . .
- See All College Town?
- Tip the Sky Cap or carry it yourself!
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens
- See All Charles Ringling's Mansion a.k.a....
- See All Suncoast Offshore: Grand Prix Festival
- See All You won't be able to forget . . .
- Sarasota: land of few practical stores
- US 41: the most confusing road known to...
- Pink Motel!
sarahjayn's Related Pages
Have you been to Sarasota?Share Your Travels