"US 41: the most confusing road known to mankind" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarasota Transportation Tip by sarahjayn
Sarasota Transportation: 4 reviews and 2 photos
I used to work as a rental car agent in Sarasota and I cannot tell you how many car accidents are caused by the sheer insanity of US 41.
First of all, this is a road with, like, eight different names: US 41, Tamiami Trail, Gulfstream Blvd, etc. It's crazy. Randomly, (or seemingly so to tourists) the signs change from one to the next, but end up again as either Tamiami Trail or US 41 (the two main names).
Also, a lot of people are thrown by the fact that this perfectly straight road suddenly curves and merges with 301, the other major road in Sarasota.
My advice is take your time in planning where you are going and look at the map carefully. The congested, old-folk-filled highway is not the place to browse the map.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (32)
- See All Margaritas and Mexican Food
- See All Watch the sun go down at Marina Jack
- See All Bring an extra suitcase . . .
- See All College Town?
- Tip the Sky Cap or carry it yourself!
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens
- See All Charles Ringling's Mansion a.k.a....
- See All Suncoast Offshore: Grand Prix Festival
- See All You won't be able to forget . . .
- See All Joyland: not so joyful
- Sarasota: land of few practical stores
- Pink Motel!