"Vauban -- Louis XIV's military genius *7e" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Off The Beaten Path Tip by shrimp56
Paris Off The Beaten Path: 1,968 reviews and 4,171 photos
This statue to Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban is found near the Latour-Mauborg métro station near Invalides.
Vauban was Louis XIV's military engineer who "invented" such procedures as daylight assaults and ricochet gunfire. Even the king recognized that Vauban's military strategies and techniques were the main reason for the king's military sucess!
More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (68)
More Reviews (312)
- See All Attractive and Well-run - *15
- See All Authentic Breton Galettes
- See All Art is Paris -- Paris is Art
- See All Musée Cernuschi: Asian Arts/City of...
- See All Jazz and Wine -- on Ile St. Louis *4e
shrimp56's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels