"Buyer Beware" Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa Puerto Vallarta Tip by DLCooper

What I saw was lovely. Three pools, two restaurants, I don't know how many bars-I say two. Beautiful Spa and fabulous gym. When I got there, with my prepaid confirmation number, through Priceline.com, I, along with several other "guests" were told that they had overbooked and we would have to stay at another hotel-by the airport. We stayed at a hotel that had one little pool, one outside (Palapa) combination bar and restaurant with terrible service and the rooms not only didn't have a kitchen, but not even a coffee pot. There I was, alone I might add, with no recourse and a big fat dissapointment. No spa, NO BEACH, a horrid restaurant, the TV in the room didn't work, no satallite TV, and nobody at VillaDelPalmar OR Priceline giving a damn! I since have found out that the management at Villa Del Palmar knew ahead of time and did not even have the decency to let us know ahead of time so we could make other arrangements.
I have been fighting Priceline ever since and they finally credited me $86.00. They actually think that's fair.

Unique Qualities: Seemed beautiful from the outside. As I said before-Three beautiful pools, Gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and I could see the big TV's in the rooms from the ground.

Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 523222261400
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.villagroupresorts.com/resorts/villa-del-palmar-puerto-vallarta

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“How about this Friday”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?