Rent an Apartment: "Better than a hotel" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Hotel Tip by cjg1

Buenos Aires Hotels: 405 reviews and 374 photos

Incredible Living Room

Incredible Living Room
  • Better than a hotel - Buenos Aires
      Look at that Chandelier
    by cjg1
      One of the three bedrooms
    by cjg1
      Liz and Rob in the foyer
    by cjg1

I have rented apartments from BYTArgentina several times. I have been very happy with them so far and always continue to be impressed with the service provided by this site. The prices are still fairly reasonable and compared to a hotel a SUPER bargain.

My last rental was located in the Congresso section of Buenos Aires. We saw the listing pictures and Liz immediately wanted it. The apartment was in an old but well kept elevator building. Our apartment was on the thrid floor of the building. The apartment was massive with two levels. Upon entering there was a huge marble floor foyer with a large chandelier, gold mirror, table and several wall accents. The ceilings were so large It was the first thing I noticed.

The first room on the right was the gym with an excercise bike, treadmill, weight machine and a pull up bar. A terrace balcony was also off of this gym room. The second room was the large living room. The living room had Louis XIV style furnishings with two large couches, chairs, tables and accents. The chandelier in this room was unceliveable with large sparkling crystals. Through a sliding wooden door we walked into the large dining room. The dining room was decorated in gold and red with a huge dining table in the center. French doors opened up to a large terrace that spaned the entire length of the first floor. Down the marble hallway was a nice eat in kitchen with a table and the basic kitchen appliances.

On this first level were two full bathrooms, a study and two bedrooms. Each bedroom and the study had french doors opened out onto the terrace. The first bedroom was where Rob stayed. It was a nice size with a queen bed, chair, dresser and armoire. His bathroom was a nice size with a shower stall, sink and toilet. The master bedroom was huge with blue accents, armoire, dressers, ottoman, chairs and the TV. Our master bath was beautiful with a full jacuzzi tub, shower stall, double sink and toilet. The study was located between the master bedroom and the guest bedroom. The study was filled with antiques and beautiful wall hangings. There was a desk, bookcase, lamp and phone. At the end of the hall there was a staircase to the second level of the apartment. Once up the stairs, there was a nice sitting area with a couch. Inside the door was the third bathroom with shower stall and the third bedroom. The third bedroom was two twin beds, an armoire, dresser and a chair.

The apartment was huge and beautiful; the location was also good for our needs. It was a great place to stay and to host several parties thoughout our vacation.

Unique Qualities: It was a much cheaper and more comfortable experience than staying in a hotel. Renting an apartment affords me the feeling of living here. I make myself a part of the neighborhood while I am here. Meeting the same girl in the bakery every morning. The local bartenders saying hello as I walk by even if I'm not coming inside now. Things like that that normally don't happen while staying in a hotel. There is a down side to this though as in all my trips here I still have a LOT of BsAs to see. Just that I'm so happy just being here in "my" neighborhood that I am a little reluctant to leave.

Comparison: least expensive
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.bytargentina.com

• Updated Jan 25, 2010

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Buenos Aires?