"15th March - Petofi statue replica" Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Local Custom Tip by MedioLatino
Budapest Local Customs: 231 reviews and 279 photos
The 15th March is a National Holiday in Hungary to commemorate the revolution of 1848.
At this time major festivities are being held around the city, one of the biggest ones at the Petofi statue (he was a great Hungarian poet/writer and also a leader of the revolution).
This temporary "statue" near the original one is a replica of the Petofi statue, installed only for the events of the day. The original (just like the replica on that day...) is on Petofi ter, on the Danube corso, near the Elisabeth Bridge (Pest side).
More Local Customs in Budapest (15)
More Reviews (257)
- See All Programs in the city
- See All Critical Mass
- See All Karpatia - Tradition, quality, a bit too...
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All The Labyrinth inside the Castle Hill
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
- See All Iron stump - old message wall :)
- See All Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into...
- See All Pigeons
- Nothing special...really! :)
Been to Budapest?Share your travels with the world!
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels