"Living in Egypt: Have more than one bank account." Money/Credit Cards Tip by TheWanderingCamel
Money/Credit Cards, Cairo: 3 reviews and 2 photos
Miscellaneous: If you are planning to live for an extended period of time (study abroad, work abroad etc.) then there are some money issues you will need to know.
- Have two bank accounts in your home country, each with their own ATM card and access (make sure they have FOUR digit pin numbers, not more or less, and I prefer to also have Visa or Mastercard privileges).
- Give power of attorney over these accounts to someone you trust (parent, sibling etc) so they can make any needed changes in case your cards are lost/stolen.
- The reason you should have two accounts is that if you lose one card and have to cancel it, you can have your power of attorney transfer money from that account to the second one. Also bring several cards for each account and leave one of each with your POA.
PS Actually this advice is useful for those travelling to any foreign country.
More What to Pack in Cairo (2)
More Reviews (31)
- See All Excellent Hostel
- See All Family can call you free!
- See All Mosque Etiquette
- Exercise Facilities
- See All A Mamluk masterpiece
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairo?Share Your Travels