"High altitude sickness - advice" Top 5 Page for this destination Altitude Sickness Tip by Saagar
Altitude Sickness, Nepal: 14 reviews and 14 photos
AMS, HACE and HAPE????
Three types of altitude sickness :
AMS: Acute Mountain Sickness; HECE: High Altitude Cerebral Oedema; HAPE: High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema.
Do read about it and do understand it before you leave and while trekking and mountaineering in Nepal. This handbook is very handy and portable, easy to read and not expensive:
"The High Altuitude medicine Handbook. Micro edition", A:J:Pollard and D.R.Murdoch, Book Faith India, 1997.
Available in Delhi, Kathmandu and elsewhere. Distributed by Pilgrims Book House in Kathmandu.
More Warnings and Dangers in Nepal (23)
More Reviews (84)
- See All A Room with a View - Dhulikhel
- See All Typical "Nepal activities" on a budget
- See All Nepal is growing good coffee
- See All Vehicle hire at National Tours Services
- See All Short time, high up mountain treks in...
- See All Eateries in Nepal
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels