"traffic, traffic everywhere, give this man a break" Cyprus Warnings Or Dangers Tip by MrBill

Cyprus Warnings and Dangers: 72 reviews and 50 photos

parking places everywhere you look
by MrBill

Visited Pafos for Carnival and ended up having a car accident. A minor one. There were cars double parked everywhere for the carnival celebrations. Some young guys stopped in the middle of the street in their 'sportscar' (sic) and would not move any further. I don't know why? Then there were several SUVs backed-up behind them. I was going the other way and I needed to get around a car parked illegally in front of a dumpster. As I manouvered around the parked car I side-swiped him. I have no idea how it happened? Maybe he backed into me? I don't know? In any case, very minor damage. We exchanged numbers and I still haven't heard from him. But annoying, and all caused by these idiots that parked in the middle of the street and would not move forward.

I am getting so sick of the many near misses in traffic in Cyprus EVERYDAY. Idiots and bad drivers. It is like knowing you'll have an accident no matter how defensive you drive, but not knowing when? It can happen at anytime. It is like walking on egg shells the whole time.

As you approach an intersection someone is making an illegal turn, someone has the nose of their car poked into the oncoming traffic, another is entering the stream of traffic from the wrong side of the street where they parked illegally, and a moped or motorbike is either illegally passing you on the lefthand side or is coming up the middle through the lanes of traffic. You have to pay attention all the time, and even then it is not a guarantee that someone won't hit your car.

If you have to drive you better practice yoga and deep breathing techniques, too. Good luck and drive safe.

Traffic Police
Larnaca +24 804040
Limassol +25 805050
Pafos +26 806060

Website: http://www.cyprus-holiday-guide.com/cyprus-holiday/phone-numbers.htm

• Updated Mar 16, 2005

MrBill Lives Here!

MrBill

“would you think less of me if I didn't have a cheesey motto?”

Have you been to Cyprus?