"Common fiestas" Spain Local Custom Tip by timtregenza
Spain Local Customs: 295 reviews and 268 photos
Everywhere, from smallest pueblo to largest city has its own fiestas. However, there are some dates that are common across Spain. These are:
1) Los Reyes - 6 January (usually events on the evening of the 5). The three kings - epiphany - when kids get there presents.
2) Semana Santa - Holy week - leading up to Easter. Daily parades of brotherhoods pulling tableaux in many locations from Bilbao to Malaga.
3) Carnaval - Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras) but usually celebrated on the Saturday after. Everyone dresses up in fancy dress to have fun
More Local Customs in Spain (1)
More Reviews (16)
- Fast food - spanish fashio
- See All RENFE is improving
- See All When is a bar a restaurant? Where to...
timtregenza's Related Pages
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels