VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Pipo's and Son Cafeteria Restaurant, Inc.: "Best food I've eatten off a tray . . ." Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Restaurant Tip by sarahjayn

Tampa Restaurants: 286 reviews and 570 photos

They look like slugs, but they're good!
by sarahjayn

"Cafeteria-style" usually means "crappy," but not at this joint. Sure, the ambience consists of some framed posters from Goodwill of lighthouses in the distance, miss-matched flatware, and fake-wood serving trays, but the food makes up for it. Usually, I don't like so-called Spanish food because I find that locally it has the danger of being one of two things: laden with meat or mislabeled Mexican food. Pipo's is the real deal, though. My brother and father like the Media Noche sandwich - I always get black beans and yellow rice. It's dead cheap, too. The pallea is the most expensive thing by far, and it's $12.95. Most things are under $10.00, and they really dish it out.

Favorite Dish: They make platanos just like my Nana, and platano-making is what I would consider my Nana's greatest asset.

Address: 7233 West Hillsborough Avenue, Tampa, Florida
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 813-882-0184
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jun 1, 2005

Comments

sarahjayn Lives Here!

sarahjayn