Raffles Long Bar: "Birth Place of the Singapore Sling!" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Nightlife Tip by bpacker
Singapore Nightlife: 303 reviews and 288 photos
Yes, this bar made it to that infamous '1000 places to see before you die' list. I'm not kidding, it is recommended that you sit in this noisy bar and order a Singapore Sling before you kick the bucket.Despite the crappy list, it's still worth making a trip to the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel. This place promises a rowdy, if not earthy-good time for you. Live music is great, beer is served in a round bottom glass and you can chow on free-flow peanuts and throw the shells all over the floor. Sure beats paying $1000 if you do the same thing outside the hotel! Oh yes, and the pink drink....
Sad to say, the Singapore Sling in Singapore does not live up to its reputation. The drink tasted too much of pineapple and a tad bit too sweet. It tasted way better at another Raffles Hotel in Siem Reap ( Grand Hotel d'Angkor ) because the drinks are freshly made there unlike the prepared concoctions over here.
Other than the cheesy pink drink, take note of the eccentric decor. You'll see mechanical ratten swaying rhythmically to the left and right. It's rather hypnoptic so staring at it too long might leave you in a trance.
Dress Code: This is honestly a home to sun-burnt tourists and lonely expats so you can come here in a sarong and a loose top. Hold on! Did I mention that is the exact dress code of the wait staff...
Address: Raffles Hotel
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (129)
- See All Singaporeans love Seasonal Festivals
- See All Idiot's Guide to Pricing of Electronic...
- See All Where to eat Swiss Fondue in Singapore
- See All The Best Hotel in the World
- See All Hiking in Singapore: Sungei Buloh
- See All Tweety, the Fortune Teller
- See All From Singapore to Pulau Ubin
- See All The History Museum is now at Riverside...
- See All Visit the World's Famous Open Concept...
- Great Singapore Sale!
- Merlion @ Sentosa and Esplanade
Been to Singapore?Share your travels with the world!
bpacker's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels