Ristorante Nuti: "The one we knew was good" Florence Restaurant Tip by rsilva

Florence Restaurants: 624 reviews and 618 photos

Firenze
by rsilva

Our friends had recommended this restaurant as one of the few with a combination of good food/service and price. We were not dissapointed.

I had a beef Carpaccio, one of my favorite starters. It was very good and this was actually the first time I tried it in Italy, quite different from the one you get elsewhere. Very simple, just the slices of beef on a bed of Rucola, served with some lemon juice and olive oil, topped by thin slices of Parmiggiano cheese.

My girlfriend wanted a sallad, but there weren't any on the menu so she asked the waiter if he could have one prepared anyway. He replied: "I CAN do that, but then you will be charged a lot for it as they will consider each ingredient as a supplement". I think this was extremely honest from him. He actually left before we paid (I guess his shift ended), so it made us appreciate the gesture even more.

I had a simple pasta with cream and almonds which is one of my favorites (I can't resist cream on the pasta) and it was also great.

Overall, great food, very friendly waiter and a fair price (13 Euros, fixed-price menu for a starter and a pasta).

Favorite Dish: Carpaccio, pasta (I guess I can generalize and say all pasta is good)

Address: Via Borgo S. Lorenzo, 22/24n - 50123 Firenze
Comparison: about average
Phone: 055 210145
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Mar 6, 2005

Comments

rsilva

“Next stop... ?”

Have you been to Florence?