Tapas Tango & Grill: "Tapas restaurant in Playa del Ingles" Isla de Gran Canaria Restaurant Tip by Henrik_rrb

Isla de Gran Canaria Restaurants: 36 reviews and 45 photos

Tango Tapas & Grill
by Henrik_rrb

This is a very nice restaurant in the center of Playa del Ingles, the party city very close to the San Agustin.

There are a lot of bars, pubs, restaurant and discos, and here we also found this tapas restaurant.

We went there two days in a row, taking a taxi (3,40 euro) from our hotel in San Agustin.

The first night we had tapas, which means we got the menu, and then picked out 12 different plates, with smaller meals. Had everything from garlic bread (oh... I miss those!!) to chicken, fried octopus and rabbit.

Great way to explore most possible meals! Only problem was maybe that we were totally full after just half of them... :)

Too much beer I would say...

The second time we instead chose to have just one meal, with a HUGE entrecote, which took me like forever to eat.

And another time some beer... ;)

The restaurant is really nice, with live music from a guy with a guitar both evenings. On the walls and on the roof earlier guests have written their "salutes" to the chef, but nowadays it's so full with text that no one is allowed to write.

Felt a bit like I was sitting at a mexican/american tapas. Or maybe I should say it felt like I would imagine it would be, as I've never been to Mexico or USA... ;)

Favorite Dish: You should book in advance (see phone number below) as the restaurant was full both nights! We were lucky to be there early the first night, and then we made a reservation for the second evening.

Address: Apartamentos Los Molinos, Playa del Ingles
Comparison: about average
Directions: Take a taxi, it's easier. Should be possible to say just "Tango Tapas & Grill" and the driver should know where it is. At least if you're close to Playa del Ingles.
Phone: 928 764 975
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written Mar 3, 2005

Comments

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Isla de Gran Canaria?