"Glacier crevasses" Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Saagar
Svalbard Warnings and Dangers: 25 reviews and 26 photos
Apparently the glaciers on Svalbard are of the "cold" type that don't move that much, except for periodical magnificient thrusts when dynamic pressure/tensions get too much.
Nevertheless there are massive dangers connected with touring/sightseeing and crossing glaciers, such as crevasses, collapsing ice towers, calving glaciers etc. Take heed to guides' advice and stay off a glacier if you are not properly equipped and in a team.
More Warnings and Dangers in Svalbard (11)
More Reviews (129)
- See All Shopping for maps of Svalbard
- See All The Pub I never got into
- See All Packing for a weekend on Svalbard
- See All Things to do during a Svalbard weekend
- See All Weekend offers
- See All Svalbard Airport Longyear - LYR: latest...
- See All Organisations, business, culture on...
- See All Carrying guns while shopping - bad taste
- See All Football on Svalbard
- See All Compulsory insurance off the beaten path
- See All Tourist map of Spitzbergen and the...
- See All A drink in the snow
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Svalbard?Share Your Travels