Svalbard Arctic Sport/Skandinavisk Høyfjellsutstyr: "Top quality sports gear for Svalbard" Top 5 Page for this destination Svalbard Shopping Tip by Saagar
Svalbard Shopping: 15 reviews and 17 photos
This shop specializes in high quality mountain/hiking/climbing/kayaking/ expedition/extreme sports gear, but will also supply anyone who walks in for a raincoat or mittens for cold hands...
The shop is linked to the Skandinavisk Høyfjellsutstyrs shop in Tromsø and Hemsedal. The emphasis is leaning toward heavy-duty gear on Svalbard.
The prices are about 10% off the mainland due to the tax-free status of Svalbard, but it remains a pricey shop.
What to buy: For fairly dry Arctic conditions like on Svalbard I am ready to recommend some Norwegian and Swedish brands anoraks, pants and the like made from cotton-polyester 65/35% mix textiles. I will refrain from naming them... The pure plastic stuff is uncomfortable and stiff in the dry winter cold.
You can stock up on your Arctic clothing and gear here if you come empty-handed, but perhaps call or e-mail first to ensure they have what you need.
They also rent rifles for polar bear protection at NOK 100/day.
What to pay: This is a pricy store on the mainland, but at Svalbard you get 24% off.
Address: Longyearbyen, "city centre"
othercontact: fax 79023295
Theme: Sporting Goods
More Reviews (128)
- See All The Pub I never got into
- See All Packing for a weekend on Svalbard
- See All Things to do during a Svalbard weekend
- See All Weekend offers
- See All Svalbard Airport Longyear - LYR: latest...
- See All Organisations, business, culture on...
- See All Carrying guns while shopping - bad taste
- See All Football on Svalbard
- See All Gun rental for polar bear protection
- See All Compulsory insurance off the beaten path
- See All Tourist map of Spitzbergen and the...
- See All A drink in the snow
Saagar's Related Pages
Have you been to Svalbard?Share Your Travels