Hotel Mercure Val de Fontenay: "Hotel OK - but not a nice service" Fontenay Hotel Tip by henrikp

Fontenay Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I was staying in this hotel from 13.-15. Feb 2005 in a double room with a queen-size bed!

was quite nice. It was clean and tidy, what you expect of a 3*** hotel. The bathroom/toilet was also good (eqquiped with hair dryer). As this hotel is located in a business area the windows are double glassed (like to windows behind each other). The room is also eqquiped with a wireless LAN point.
Of course everthing else was in the room e.g. TV, Mini-Bar etc.

itself was also tidy. It has seven (7) stories. You can find there a bar and a restaurant. They also have a room where they keep your luggage if you are to early for check-inn or wanna leave it ater you have checked out. There was also an machine where you can buy like a toothbrush with teethpaste, a comb, condoms etc.
THE STAFF at the reception was friendly when we checked in. They also spoke really fluently english (what you won't find often in france, but if you concider beeing in an international hotel they have to!) The staff at the breakfast room was not very friendly. The hardly understood english and they didn't really took care of us! Breakfast-time is untill 10:00am but the staff was already re-decorating the tables at 09:30am and by that time there still were having a couple of people having breakfast! The second day the staff totaly ignorred us and even didn't want to know our room number...
When we checked out we had a little struggle with the price, after we made an agreement the lady asked where I am from. After telling her I am from germany she looked at me in a strange way and was whispering something..... not nice!

This hotel is situatiated next to the RER station Val de Fontenay and also the bus-station. To get by RER to Paris downtown it takes about 20minutes with one changing the RER.

As I mentioned above, the hotel is really nice and OK but the staff was unfriendly. Even I would rate this hotel for my stay something like "Somewhat Unsatisfied" I still would recommend this hotel!

Address: Paris suburb: Val de Fontenay
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Located next to highway A86, RER and bus-station "Val de Fonetany" next to the hotel. 3 minutes walk from the hotel is a shopping center.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Mar 1, 2005

“Travel around the world”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Fontenay?