"Imagine seeing this on your bushwalk!" New England Range Off The Beaten Path Tip by iandsmith

New England Range Off The Beaten Path: 33 reviews and 64 photos

All dressed up and nowhere to go
by iandsmith

Like some monster from a nightmarish past he appeared before me.............now, hang on a minute.
Reality check - It had been raining heavily for half an hour while I ascended the steep climb from Salisbury. By the time I reached the top every part of my clothing was saturated, and I do mean totally.
Cowering behind a gum tree praying for some respite was a situation I found myself in at one stage as I recuperated from the arduousness of the ascent fully aware that relief in any form was extremely unlikely.
Thus it was that I decided to remove my shirt to prevent hypothermia when the storm clouds moved away after I'd moved another 2kms on the return journey. It was about five minutes after that decision that I reached this signpost. About 20 minutes later I reached some Japanese tourists. How scary must it have been for them! Imagine the Yowie stories they will relate to their friends back home over a bowl of sushi. Better than your average kangaroo sighting I'll wager.

• Updated Apr 28, 2005

iandsmith Visits Here Frequently!

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to New England Range?