"Bus and Bike" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Transportation Tip by grandmaR
Fort Myers Transportation: 2 reviews and 2 photos
The Lee County transportation system is called LeeTran and serves not only Fort Myers but surrounding communities. Basic fare for an adult is $1.00 and 15 cents for a transfer.
The buses like this one allow you to carry bikes on the front of the bus.
From their website:
Rules of the Rack
* As the bus approaches have your bike ready to load; remove any items that could fall off (bike pump, water bottle, etc).
* Always approach the bus from the curb side.
* Tell the bus driver that you are loading a bike.
* For safety reasons, the driver cannot get off the bus to assist you. Please use the instructions found on this website or use the instructions printed on the rack.
* Bike racks are first come, first served. Each bus can carry two bikes. The front wheel of the bike closest to the bus should face curbside. The front wheel of the second bicycle must face the bus driver's side.
* There is no additional fare for using the bike rack.
* Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload bikes.
* All people using the rack must be strong enough to load and unload their bike.
Phone: 239-275-TRAN (8726)
More Reviews (9)
- See All Jimmy Buffett owned chain
- The Wizard
- Edison Festival of Light
- Banyan Tree
grandmaR's Related Pages
Have you been to Fort Myers?Share Your Travels